1. You’ve had all the major discussions about life and you’ve survived. Whether or not you see eye to eye, you’ve honestly talked about finances, goals, children and dreams with you partner and know how much compromise it will take to make everything happen.
2. You can envision what life might be like with this person. Even if you both don’t have every aspect of life sorted, you have the ability to work together as a team.
3. Mom, dad, best friends and everyone important in your life has met your partner. Even if there are some people that don’t love them as much as you do, mostly everyone agrees that you two fit together.
4. You’ve had disagreements and constructively moved past them with a deeper sense of respect for each other.
5. You don’t resent any of the person’s qualities, habits or mannerisms on a regular basis. Annoyances that surface once in a while are not a concern.
6. You enjoy doing everyday things together. Trips to the grocery store, yard work or cleaning feel a little bit more fun when you’re with your partner. Chores don’t feel so dull and even an ordinary day can become an adventure.
7. You motivate each other and bring out the best in your partner. Your partner should be your biggest cheerleader- helping you achieve your goals while you do the same for them.
8. You’re willing to make sacrifices and compromises sometimes in order to make your partner happy and keep your relationship healthy.
9. What excites you more than the big wedding day is being with this person for the rest of your life. Sharing each milestone and being by their side through all the ups and downs of life.